Monday, October 19, 2009

Damn you YouTube

Or perhaps I should thank them. I don't know. Part of me wants to be grateful because we finally found some help. However ~ this is also were it went from dumping some stain and varnish on a slab of concrete to a blog-able project.

Soycrete Concrete Staining - How to Video

Shortly after this video I ordered:
1) the full length video - $29.99 (yes it was worth it, but i'd check for a used copy first)
2) 12 out of the 16 sample colors $33.00
3) shipping $7.31

Home-Depot'ed:
1) 2 razor blade scrappers
2) something else

Then i FINALLY found a local supplier of the the 'SoyCrete' products from EcoProCote at Amicus Green Building Center. Certainly, a drive but as a local supplier (with comparable prices to the internet) how could i say no. (please note it took me forever to realize 'SoyCrete' is the name of the stain specifically, not the whole line of products for finishing ones floors. And I'll admit that due to this early misunderstanding its ingrained in my mind and i'll probably use them interchangeably. Forgive me.)

No comments:

Post a Comment