Monday, October 19, 2009

Why do i bother?!?! (paint stripping)

So on yet another trip to Home Depot (yes its really those close and i'm really that hopefull)

I was desperate to get moving on step 2: paint removal.

I had scraped away bits and pieces with my razor, but there was a TON of pain from the contractors spray painting the baseboards. I guess in novice painting brain I can fathom the pain of painting thousands of baseboards by hand, but duuuuuuuuude that paint is a bitch.

my O.N.L.Y option: Behr Concrete & Masonry Paint Stripper. I didn't like the WARNINGS ~ so in the rain and waaay cross town (to another state in fact) I rolled over to my new favorite store.

They didn't have the EcoProCote product i had come for ~ but they recommended Franmar's SoyGel. I paid my $58 plus tax for my gallon (yes that's near double the cost of the acid above) and picked up a pretty noVOC blue paint and a few other odds and ends i simply couldn't live without and went across to the street to the french antique store to continue pretending like i had money.

For a super nerdy comparison check this out - the MSDS (materials safety data sheets) information for both products
Behr Concrete Paint Stripper - here
Franmars SoyGel - here

No comments:

Post a Comment